SOLD: Wolf Wood £35,000 Freehold
- Germansweek, Okehampton, Devon
- nearly 3 acres
- Cornwall and West Devon
Private entrance gate and stone parking area
Sunny glade at the south edge
Oak tree on a bank
View from the woodland to the east
View of the woodland from the north
Bench in a sunny glade
Path through the trees
Path to a private clearing with the bench
Deer tracks over a bank
Entrance track from the road
Private path along the eastern side of the woodland
Set in the Devon countryside and accessed by quiet lanes, Wolf Wood is an idyllic place to enjoy both peaceful wildlife observations as well as engaging in active woodland management. There are glorious views of the rolling countryside from the eastern side of the woodland and the topography within the woodland is favourable.
Access to the woodland is from a quiet country lane where there is an area of stoned track that leads to the private entrance gate for the woodland. Inside the gate there is a stoned parking and turning area.
The woodland is mainly conifer with some scattered broadleaved trees and was planted about 20 years ago. There are some large clearings around the edge of the woodland and another at the north which provide grazing opportunities for red deer who are often seen in and around the locality. These clearings are ideal for wild camping with friends and family.
Tree lined hedge banks give added privacy along the eastern and southern sides of Wolf Wood.
Good ground conditions have meant that the planted trees have grown quickly. For those wishing to engage more with forestry additional planting of trees could be carried out in the open grass areas.
Although remote in terms of location, Wolf Wood is not far from local attractions such as Roadford Lake which much to offer water sports enthusiasts, walkers and cyclists as well as a visitor centre which tells the story of how a whole valley (and village) were flooded to create this vast reservoir. There is also a restaurant at Roadford, while the Clovelly Inn in nearby Bratton Clovelly is well known locally for its pub food and is within walking distance.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Stuart Brooking
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
All boundaries are indicated with green markings on posts and trees.
The northern boundary runs along a quiet country lane.
The eastern boundary is an old tree lined hedge bank.
The southern boundary is indicated by an old wood bank.
The western boundary is indicated by a fence along the edge of a track.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 190
- Grid ref: SX 459 944
- Nearest post code: EX21 5BH
- GPS coordinates: 50.7293, -4.18425
- Leave the A30 dual carriageway at the Broadwoodwidger exit. If travelling from the west turn left from the slip road; if travelling from the east, turn right.
- Follow the road up the hill towards Roadford Lake for 1.5 miles. On a left-hand bend, by two radio masts, turn right, signposted to Bratton Clovelly.
- Follow this road for 2.5 miles to a T-junction, directly opposite the Clovelly Inn.
- Turn left and follow the road for 0.7 miles, then take the turning to the left, signposted to Germansweek.
- Follow this road for 1 mile then turn left, signposted to Blagrove.
- After about a quarter of a mile you will see the entrance to Wolf Wood on your left hand side just before Blagrove Farm which is on the right hand side of the road.
- You will see a 'woodlands for sale' sign on the main woodland gate. Wolf Wood has it's own private access gate to the left of this sign indicated by a Wolf Wood name sign.
- Park outside the gate leaving access to the other field gate and climb carefully over the gate to explore Wolf Wood.
Satnav/GPS note: the postcode EX21 5BH is for the point shown by the red dot on the two location maps.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.