SOLD: Athelstan Meadow £35,000 Freehold
- Intwood, Norwich, Norfolk
- about 2 ¾ acres
- East Anglia
gate to meadow
view to paddock
High quality horse netting
hedge to the side of the paddock
track to paddock
sign at road
Finding a secure well fenced paddock within 5 miles of the centre of Norwich is a rare thing. Athelstan Meadow offers the buyer just this. From the paddock the owner can access directly onto a bridleway yet they also have a solid tarmac track to the entrance of the paddock so access is good all year around.
Two locked gates separate the paddock from the highway along with a number of thick hedges which ensure not only visual screening but also a high level of security. The paddock is also fenced with high quality horse net fencing and a new metal gate.
The meadow is named after King Athelstan who ruled over this part of England . In the years between 924 and 939 Norwich became fully established as a town, with its own mint. The word Norvic appears on coins across Europe minted during this period along with the head of King Athelstan. Of interest is the that the Vikings were a strong cultural influence in Norwich for 40 to 50 years of the 9th century, setting up an Anglo-Scandinavian district At end of the 9th century the city was one of the largest in England. It seems Norwich has always been a place to invest.
The land is well drained and level and could be used for a multiple of uses from grazing horses to livestock or an owner could create a new woodland within the paddock area. Located within the Norwich city ring road and under 5 miles from the city centre this is a valuable piece of real estate which will also be attractive to the long term investor.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the meadow will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated by blue paint markings on the fencing stakes. The boundary is made up of horse net fencing and wooden stakes on all sides..
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 134
- Grid ref: TG 197 045
- Nearest post code: NR4 6TG
- GPS coordinates: 52.5941, 1.24299
- From The A47 Take the A11 East sign posted Keswick and Cringleford.
- After about 1/2 mile cross over a roundabout staying on A11.
- After 100 metres take the filter lane on left towards Cringleford.
- After 0.1 mile turn right onto Colney Lane.
- After 100 metres turn right onto Newmarket Lane.
- After 0.2 mile turn Left into Keswick Road.
- Go over the railway line and just around the corner before the www.woodlands.co.uk, sign is a gate.
- Park on the verge in front of the sign not blocking the gateway.
- Go though the bridleway to the right of the gate and follow the bridleway around to the right for 200 metres.
- The meadow entrance is directly on the left of this track.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode NR4 6TG is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.