SOLD: Canons Wood £75,000 Freehold
- Cadney, Brigg, Lincolnshire
- about 6 ⅔ acres
- East Anglia
Internal track leading to wood
Bridge to southern area of wood.
Southern view along Western boundary.
Sign by culvert.
Western view along Northern boundary.
Culvert to wood.
Southern area of wood.
End of Southern boundary.
View along Southern boundary.
Track from Main street.
Bed and breakfast by track entrance.
A semi mature woodland planted in 2004, this young woodland provides an opportunity to nurture and manage for future generations.
Secure gated access from the highway to Canons Wood ensures both privacy and security, the access is via a well maintained track that goes all the way to the woodland entrance.
Adjacent to Canons Wood is the delightful open farmland of Lincolnshire. Deer roam freely here in the early morning before retreating to take cover in the sanctuary of the woodland far from prying eyes.
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
Poplar was planted here as a nurse crop and below this is a mix of sycamore, ash, alder, willow, guelder rose and hawthorn.
The mixed habitat of woodland next to open farmland has created a hospitable environment for wildlife, deer are regular visitors along with foxes and hares.
A level secluded woodland with a beck running to the south. Perfect for camping and family forestry. .
Access, tracks and footpaths
A solid stone private track covering nearly a kilometre allows you feel you have left the outside world far behind you by the time you reach Canons Wood. The woodland also benefits from having no public footpaths running through it and is protected by a series of becks surrounding it. The area between the two dykes to the south is maintained by the Drainage Board, an ideal secluded open space which is suitable for camping.
Rights and covenants
The woodland is covered by the woodlands.co.uk covenant. It is also covered by Farm Woodland Premium Scheme with the Forestry Commission.
A perfect woodland for family forestry, the wood was planted in 2004 and is now well established, Some of the poplar that was used as a nurse crop to help the other species thrive could now be thinned providing wood fuel. Alternatively sit back and watch the wood mature naturally.
Level with small open areas the wood is perfect for summer camping trips.
Local area and history
Named after the 13 Canons who occupied the nearby Gilbertine Holy trinity Priory at Newstead on the River Ancholme, founded in 1171 and endowed with the lands around Cadney and Hardwick. The priory was limited to 13 Canons. It was surrendered in 1538 under the act of suppression. On the site of the priory stands Newstead Priory Farmhouse, which still retains the remains of a Norman vaulted room.
The boundaries are indicated by blue paint markings on trees and boundary stakes. The southern boundary is the northern edge of the North Kelsey Beck. The eastern and northern boundaries are a line of stakes. and the western boundary is a woodland ditch.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 112
- Grid ref: TA 018 027
- Nearest post code: DN20 9HR
- GPS coordinates: 53.5112, -0.466161
- From Junction 4 of the M180 head south to Brigg.
- From the centre of Brigg follow the main road east with Tesco on your right.
- After Tesco at the next roundabout take the minor road to Cadney.
- Drive though Cadney and as you exit the village on the Howsham Lane there is a red brick farm building on the right.
- The Farm building has a sign advertising Old Barn 'bed and breakfast' Please see photograph.
- Just after this take the track on the right which leads to the woodland.
- The track is barred by a locked ride stop. Owners have full vehicle access along the track.
- Park to the east on the verge and walk down the track for 600 metres.
- Just after you have crossed a culvert turn right.
- Follow the stoned track for 150 metres before turning left.
- Follow this track for 150 metres and the woodland is in front of you to your right.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode DN20 9HR is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.