SOLD: Melanistic Meadow £45,000 Freehold
- Barham, Ipswich, Suffolk
- about 3 ½ acres
- East Anglia
Ride stop at the entrance.
Bench in a sheltered corner.
View from bench.
Boundary & track.
View across the meadow.
Boundary with Dickens Wood.
View across neighbouring fields.
Hedge around pit.
Melanistic Meadow is situated at the northern end of Barham Wood, this being a larger area of privately owned meadows and woodland of which Melanistic Meadow forms part. The meadow is accessed via an excellent stoned track which is suitable for vehicular access all year.
Fallow deer as are often seen especially in the northern corner as well as a variety of birds including barn owls, buzzards and red kite. The north western corner has a large pit surrounded by trees . The boundary runs through the centre of this area which is a haven of wildlife and adds variety to the meadow.
A thick hedge on the western boundary forms an excellent barrier which provides shelter to a variety of birds and other wildlife. To the east is a private woodland known as Dickens Wood. Both of these features provide good wind barriers and make the meadow feel enclosed and private.
This is a versatile area of land that could have many uses in its current form or perhaps be planted with trees to form a wonderful wildlife haven. It would be a perfect spot to keep bees with the nearby woodlands and without much work could be transformed into a spectacular wildflower meadow. Alternativley anyone wishing to offset their carbon footprint could plant trees creating your very own woodland.
Located only five miles north from the town of Ipswich and a short distance from both the A12 and A14 however feels very rural and offers owners a perfect countryside retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the meadow will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
A thick hedge and a number of mature trees surround the meadow.
Fallow deer as well as a variety of Bird and insect life.
The boundaries are indicated by blue markings boundary stakes. The western boundary is a hedge. The northern boundary is a ditch and large pit. The eastern boundary is the ditch bank and the southern is the stone track.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 169
- Grid ref: TM 138 526
- Nearest post code: IP6 0PB
- GPS coordinates: 52.1311, 1.12289
- From the A14 exit at junc 52 to Claydon.
- Go through Claydon on the Norwich Road and after 2.3 miles turn right onto Sandy Lane.
- Travel along Sandy Lane past the first woodlands sign.
- After 0.5 mile you will see a second sign on the right, opposite Brick Kiln Lodge.
- Turn Right. You may have to open a double wooden gate.
- Park to the right side of the double metal gateway.
- Walk around the side of the gate and follow the stone track in front of you.
- At the junction with the stone track on the right keep left past a barn and follow the track 700 metres past meadows along a woodland edge.
- Go past a stone road on right.
- As you pass into the next area of meadows, Melanistic meadow is on your left.
- Please note full vehicular rights will be given to the buyer.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode IP6 0PB is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.