SOLD: Stirling Wood £39,000 Freehold
- Stewkley, Leighton Buzzard, Buckinghamshire
- about 3 ½ acres
- East Anglia
field edge ride
view to field
boundary fence with hawthorn blossom
track to wood
Stirling Wood provides a perfect opportunity to shape and create a classical English woodland sancturary. The foundations are in place, planted between 1996 and 1998 it has grown exceptionally well. Cherry, sweet chestnut and ash make up much of the woodland whilst scattered amongst them are silver birch, alder, field maple and hawthorn. As it's a young woodland there will be many opportunities such as thinning some of the trees in the future which will create a valuable source of firewood.
In contrast to the wooded area, located under a power line is an attractive glade, this provides an opportunity for wild flowers and grasses to establish. To the side of the glade a large wild rose grows and produces both rose hips in autumn and blooms in summer. The hawthorn and cherry bloom in early April bringing the first sign of spring after a long winter.
A bench has been placed on the edge of a ride, please do take some time to sit and enjoy the surroundings whilst listening to the numerous birds that fill the air with their chatter. You may also see a muntjac or roe deer if you sit quietly. A number of well established deer racks or paths meander through the woodland.
The woodland feels wonderfully secluded as it is located within a larger area of woodland known as Graces Farm Wood. This wood is now all privately owned so you are safe in the knowledge knowing everyone has signed up to the woodlands covenant.
Accessed via a good forest ride that is well drained for most of the year. In the winter the owner can park by the gate near the highway and walk the short way down to Stirling Wood. Full vehicular access is given with the woodland.
The woodland is named after the Short Stirling Mark III heavy bomber a number of squadrons were based in Buckinghamshire during the war.
The woodland is easily found. Located just off Dunton Road in the village of Stewkley and being under six miles from the centre of Leighton Buzzard and ten miles from Aylesbury it has great possibilities for anyone looking for a country retreat.
Particulars and plans were prepared by our local manager, Matt Marples
The purchasers of the woodland will be asked to enter into a covenant to ensure the quiet and peaceful enjoyment of adjoining woodlands and meadows.
The boundaries are indicated by orange markings on trees and stakes. The southern and eastern boundary are marked by paint markings and are the ride edge . The northern boundary is the ditch and marked by paint markings on trees. The eastern boundary is marked by a new stock fence.
Find this wood
This wood is now sold, please do not visit the wood without the permission of the owner.
- OS Landranger: OS No. 165
- Grid ref: SP 853 248
- Nearest post code: LU7 0FT
- GPS coordinates: 51.9154, -0.761192
- From Leighton Buzzard take the B4032 to Soulbury.
- From Soulbury continue on the B4032 to Stewkley for 2 miles and turn left signed Wing.
- After half a mile turn right into Dunton Road. Please park in the road. ( Full vehicle access is given to the wood upon purchase.)
- After 350 yards between number 37 and Grace Court/Ash Barn take the access track on the left.
- Taking care climbing over the metal side gate on the hinge side with the small woodlands signs.
- Turn left and climb over the second metal gate on the hinge side again with woodland signs. (This area is available for owners to park when the access track is wet in winter.)
- Follow access track down the side of the field for 300m into the woodland.
- Carry straight on for 70 metres
- The wood entrance is on the right of the ride and the boundary is marked by Orange paint markings.
- Satnav/GPS note: the postcode LU7 0FT is for the point shown by the red dot on the location map.
Please note this wood is owned by woodlands.co.uk.
Our regional managers are often out working in our woodlands, so if you email an offer and want to be sure it has been received, please phone our manager on their mobile phone. The first offer at the stated price which is accepted, whether by phone or email, has priority.
Please take care when viewing as the great outdoors can contain unexpected hazards and woodlands are no exception. You should exercise common sense and caution, such as wearing appropriate footwear and avoiding visiting during high winds.
These particulars are for guidance only and, though believed to be correct, do not form part of any contract. Woodland Investment Management Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.